I think it’s high time for another one of these posts! I I like to check in on the blog every couple of months to spread some healthy inspiration, and also to keep myself in check! Last time I blogged about this was in January. Here's how I'm staying healthy these days:
1. I signed up for the Rock & Roll half marathon in June. I am so glad that my friends have convinced me to run this race, because I have been dragging my feet in the running department lately. Somehow between juggling a stressful job and a napping baby, I have continued to make excuses for myself, and have not been taking running seriously. But signing up for this race has inspired me to get back into training mode. It helps that am running with friends on Saturday mornings for all my long runs. Signing up for races and running with friends has always been the best inspiration for me. And since I love photos/Instagram, I will be keeping track of many of my runs with #jenntrainsforahalfmarathon.
2. Matt has been making me bulletproof coffee each morning (see this post) and it has inspired me to stay low carb. When you are eating so much saturated fat, you really can’t follow it up with a mega buttered croissant…know what I mean? I am by no means completely Paleo, but have been trying to cut the junk food.
3. My dear hubby has been cooking!! He has been making veggies and fish often in the evenings. Fish has the best fat, and it’s delicious. I’m lucky that he’s been cooking, because I certainly have not been.
4. My goal for this spring has been to get outside more often, just to soak in the sunshine. I’ve noticed that little Lucy has been loving it! I helps her sleep better for naps and at night too! On a nice day we go up to the roof in the mornings and evenings, and just recently we had a “picnic” in the park. I got to lay down on my back and relax, and Lucy just played away by herself. It was AWESOME. We will be doing more of this very soon. I think being outside in the sunshine is really important for my health.
5. I’ve continued to walk often with my girl in tow. I love using the ergo carrier to go on short walks with her in the evenings. This keeps her occupied and keeps me sane! It helps that there is so much greenery popping out and pink trees everywhere. The cherry blossoms have been replaced by Dogwoods and Magnolias. I just love Spring!